B.C. is reporting 698 new cases of COVID-19, including five epi-linked cases, for a total of 161,969 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, one new death (Fraser Health) has been reported. The total number of deaths in B.C. now stands at 1,802.
As of Wednesday, 83.5% (3,869,329) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 75.4% (3,493,119) had received their second dose.
In addition, 84.2% (3,642,878) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 76.5% (3,308,987) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,369,741 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 5,356 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 154,669 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 139 individuals are in hospital and 75 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 203 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,294
* 129 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 1,347
* 252 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,911
* 45 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 322
* 69 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 470
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 12
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks: Brock Fahrni (Vancouver Coastal Health) and Spring Valley Care Centre (Interior Health), for a total of 14 active outbreaks:
* long-term care: Heritage Village (Fraser Health), Brock Fahrni (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, and Spring Valley Care Centre (Interior Health)
* acute care: Peace Arch Hospital (Fraser Health)
* assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, Hawthorn Park, David Lloyd, Sun Pointe Village, and Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health)
From August 10-23, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 83.3% of cases and 85% of hospitalizations.
Cases (August 23):
* Unvaccinated: 372 (68.4%)
* Partially vaccinated: 53 (9.7%)
* Fully vaccinated: 119 (21.9%)
Cases (August 17-23):
* Unvaccinated: 3,051 (66.8%)
* Partially vaccinated: 535 (16.5%)
* Fully vaccinated: 752 (16.6%)
Hospitalizations (August 10-23):
* Unvaccinated: 144 (77.0%)
* Partially vaccinated: 15 (8%)
* Fully vaccinated: 28 (15%)