B.C. is reporting 717 new cases of COVID-19, including 11 epi-linked cases, for a total of 155,079 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported. The total number of deaths in B.C. remains at 1,779.
As of Friday, 82.4% (3,818,952) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 72.0% (3,337,348) had received their second dose.
In addition, 83.2% (3,599,872) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 73.6% (3,183,232) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,164,020 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 4,277 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 148,964 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 82 individuals are in hospital and 39 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 140 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 821
* 101 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 593
* 376 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 2,446
* 60 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 163
* 40 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 245
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: nine
There are 11 active outbreaks in:
* long-term care: Holyrood Manor, Kin Village West Court, and Evergreen Baptist Care Society (Fraser Health); Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, and Village at Mill Creek (Interior Health); and Discovery Harbour (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living: Hawthorn Park and David Lloyd Jones (Interior Health)
There are no active outbreaks in acute care.