B.C. is reporting 743 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 182,541 cases in the province.
(Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.)
In the past 24 hours, seven new deaths have been reported, and the total number of deaths in B.C. now stands at 1,922.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: four
* Interior Health: one
* Northern Health: one
* Island Health: one
As of Friday, 87.5% (4,053,738) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 80.0% (3,709,554) had received their second dose.
In addition, 88.0% (3,805,580) of all eligible adults in B.C. have now received their first dose and 80.9% (3,497,809) their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,771,314 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 25.9 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.
There are 5,979 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 174,281 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 319 individuals are in hospital and 149 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
* 292 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,029
* 111 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 955
* 177 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,268
* 106 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 1,023
* 57 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 660
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 44
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreak at Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health) has been declared over.
There are a total of 21 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Northcrest Care Centre, Westminster House, and Menno Terrace East (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, and Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, and Overlander (Interior Health), Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health) and Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health)
* acute care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health) and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
* assisted or independent living: Sunset Manor (Fraser Health), David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village and Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health)