B.C. is reporting 752 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 191,124 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, nine new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,992.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: five
* Vancouver Coastal Health: three
* Island Health: one
As of Wednesday, 88.4% (4,098,733) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.9% (3,797,462) had received their second dose.
In addition, 88.9% (3,845,695) of all eligible adults in B.C. have now received their first dose and 82.7% (3,575,790) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,908,832 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 5,945 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 182,786 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 350 individuals are in hospital and 136 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
* 297 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,349
* 85 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 824
* 164 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,142
* 130 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 829
* 76 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 743
* No new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 58
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health). The outbreaks at The Hamlets at Westsyde (Interior Health) and Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 18 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, The Residence in Mission, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health);
– Cottonwoods Care Centre, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, and Village by the Station (Interior Health);
– Wrinch Memorial Hospital, and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health); and
– Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health).
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health);
– University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health); and
– Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health).
* assisted or independent living:
– Sunset Manor (Fraser Health); and
– Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
From September 28-October 4, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 70.2% of cases and from September 21-October 4, they accounted for 77.6% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (September 28-October 4) – Total 4,894
* Not vaccinated: 3,117 (63.7%)
* Partially vaccinated: 316 (6.5%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,461 (29.9%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (September 21-October 4) – Total 420
* Not vaccinated: 291 (69.3%)
* Partially vaccinated: 35 (8.3%)
* Fully vaccinated: 94 (22.4%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (September 28-October 4)
* Not vaccinated: 296.8
* Partially vaccinated: 89.0
* Fully vaccinated: 35.5
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (September 21-October 4)
* Not vaccinated: 44.0
* Partially vaccinated: 16.3
* Fully vaccinated: 2.1