OVER a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,853 new cases of COVID-19, including four epi-linked cases, for a total of 165,413 cases in the province:
* August 27-28: 769 new cases
* August 28-29: 581 new cases
* August 29-30: 503 new cases
In the past 72 hours, seven new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,814.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: one
* Interior Health: three
* Northern Health: one
* Island Health: two
As of Monday, 84.2% (3,904,121) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 76.4% (3,541,731) had received their second dose.
In addition, 84.9% (3,672,685) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 77.5% (3,350,149) received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,453,107 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 5,918 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 157,419 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 176 individuals are in hospital and 91 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 531 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,371
* 295 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 1,076
* 707 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 2,424
* 142 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 453
* 178 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 587
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: seven
There have been four new health-care facility outbreaks: at Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health), Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health), Rose Woods Village (Interior Health) and Sunset Lodge (Island Health).
There are 18 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Heritage Village (Fraser Health), Brock Fahrni (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre (Interior Health) and Sunset Lodge (Island Health)
* acute care: Peace Arch Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health) and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
* assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, Hawthorn Park, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
From August 13-26, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 81.7% of cases and 85.8% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (August 20-26) – Total 4,565
* Not vaccinated: 3,255 (71.3%)
* Partially vaccinated: 477 (10.4%)
* Fully vaccinated: 833 (18.2%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (August 13-26) – Total 217
* Not vaccinated: 172 (79.3%)
* Partially vaccinated: 14 (6.5%)
* Fully vaccinated: 31 (14.3%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population (August 20-26)
* Not vaccinated: 208.3
* Partially vaccinated: 111.1
* Fully vaccinated: 26.2