B.C. is reporting 820 new cases of COVID-19, including 11 epi-linked cases, for a total of 173,158 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, nine new deaths have been reported. The total number of deaths in B.C. now stands at 1,856.
The new deaths include:
* Vancouver Coastal Health: three
* Interior Health: three
* Northern Health: two
* Island Health: one
As of Friday, 85.5% (3,962,256) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 78.0% (3,614,503) had received their second dose.
In addition, 86.1% (3,722,969) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 78.9% (3,412,468) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,583,999 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 5,850 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 165,027 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 281 individuals are in hospital and 135 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
(Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.)
The new/active cases include:
* 264 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,750
* 112 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 938
* 253 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,828
* 101 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 782
* 90 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 539
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 13
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks.
There are 22 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Northcrest Care Centre, and Menno Home (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Brock Fahrni, and Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, and Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health), Sunset Lodge (Island Health) and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health)
* acute care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health) and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
* assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
From September 2-8, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 78.4% of cases and from August 26-September 8, they accounted for 86.6% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (September 2-8) – Total 4,661
* Not vaccinated: 3,252 (69.8%)
* Partially vaccinated: 402 (8.6%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,007 (21.6%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (August 26-September 8) – Total 358
* Not vaccinated: 292 (81.6%)
* Partially vaccinated: 18 (5.0%)
* Fully vaccinated: 48 (13.4%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (September 2-8)
* Not vaccinated: 301.2
* Partially vaccinated: 88.7
* Fully vaccinated: 26.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (August 26-September 8)
* Not vaccinated: 39.5
* Partially vaccinated: 6.7
* Fully vaccinated: 1.1
After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 35 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.