OVER a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,984 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 175,142 cases in the province:
* September 10-11: 823 new cases
* September 11-12: 641 new cases
* September 12-13: 520 new cases
(Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.)
In the past 72 hours, nine new deaths have been reported. The total number of deaths in B.C. now stands at 1,865.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: three
* Vancouver Coastal Health: one
* Interior Health: three
* Island Health: two
As of Monday, 85.8% (3,978,624) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 78.4% (3,632,547) had received their second dose.
In addition, 86.4% (3,737,364) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 79.3% (3,428,060) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,618,453 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 5,825 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 167,078 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 278 individuals are in hospital and 139 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
* 609 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,711
* 319 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 945
* 542 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,618
* 294 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 931
* 220 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 607
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 13
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health) and Opal by Element (Vancouver Coastal Health), for a total of 24 active outbreaks.
* long-term care: Northcrest Care Centre, and Menno Home (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Brock Fahrni, Louis Brier Home and Hospital, and Opal by Element (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, and Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health), Sunset Lodge (Island Health) and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health)
* acute care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health), Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health) and Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health)
* assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
From September 3-9, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 77.8% of cases and from August 27-September 9 they accounted for 86.2% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (September 3-9) – Total 4,779
* Not vaccinated: 3,305 (69.2%)
* Partially vaccinated: 411 (8.6%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,063 (22.2%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (August 27-September 9) – Total 348
* Not vaccinated: 282 (81.0%)
* Partially vaccinated: 18 (5.2%)
* Fully vaccinated: 48 (13.8%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (September 3-9)
* Not vaccinated: 306.3
* Partially vaccinated: 92.9
* Fully vaccinated: 27.4
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (August 27-September 9)
* Not vaccinated: 38.4
* Partially vaccinated: 7.0
* Fully vaccinated: 1.1
After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 34.2 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.