FIRST, he claimed the Vancouver Board of Trade and BC Business Council backed his day care scheme which was proven false. Today, NDP Leader John Horgan is not telling the truth about job creation as he falsely says they are all part-time jobs, the Liberals said on Wednesday.
They said that since the introduction of the BC Jobs Plan by Premier Christy Clark:
* British Columbia has added 226,400 new jobs since the launch of the BC Jobs Plan in 2011
* Over 93 per cent of the jobs created since 2011 have been full-time and over 89 per cent of them are in the private sector
* Currently, there are over 2.4 million people are employed in B.C., the most people working in the province’s history
* At 5.4 per cent, B.C.’s unemployment rate is the lowest in the country.
* B.C. has had the lowest unemployment rate in the country for 11 out of the past 12 months
* B.C. is leading the country at 3.5 per cent year-over-year employment growth
* From March 2015 to March 2016, all job growth in B.C. was in full-time jobs
It’s clear John Horgan will say anything and is not interested in telling the truth, the Liberals said.