Man dies after suffering severe burns in portable washroom fire in Abbotsford

ON November 23 at 8:25 p.m., Abbotsford Police patrol officers responded to assist Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service in the 33000-block of South Fraser Way. Officers found a portable washroom fully engulfed in flames.  A short distance away, a 28-year-old man was discovered suffering from severe burns. The man has since passed away in hospital.

The Abbotsford Police Department Major Crime Unit has taken over the investigation and is in the early stages of determining if this incident was an accident or is suspicious.

Anyone who witnessed this man described as wearing a lime green winter jacket with grey sleeves, a red hoody underneath the winter jacket, dark pants, and white running shoes is asked to contact police.

Further, investigators are appealing to anyone who has dashcam or CCTV footage in the area of Khalsa Diwan Temple located at 33094 South Fraser Way between 6 and 9 p.m. on November 23 to contact the Abbotsford Police Department at 604-859-5225.