Beedie Luminaries Open House: Thursday, November 25, 4 – 5 p.m. (see below)
THE New Relationship Trust Foundation (NRTF) on Wednesday announced a scholarship opportunity from Beedie Luminaries which is available to Grade 12 students from British Columbia (BC).
Beedie Luminaries offers a comprehensive scholarship program for Grade 12 students across British Columbia who face financial or other adversities, but have the academic readiness, grit, desire and potential to achieve their dreams and inspire others. Recipients will each receive up to $40,000 towards their post-secondary studies at any public university, college or trade school in B.C. This year, in light of the labour shortage within the skilled trades sector, we would like to particularly encourage students considering a career in the trades to apply.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident since 2019;
- Be a full-time resident of British Columbia;
- Be in their final year of high school, entering into full-time studies in a first bachelor degree, first diploma/certificate, or first trades program at one of the eligible public post-secondary institutions listed
- Be ineligible for the BC Tuition Waiver Program (for former youth in care);
- Have a minimum cumulative average of 75% (or equivalent) for grade 11 and available grade 12 marks based on Universities Canada’s Calculation of Average Policy; and
- Have faced financial adversity