REGISTRATION is now open for a month-long series of Releaf tree planting events kicking off with a celebration of National Tree Day on Saturday, September 25.
Residents are invited to register to participate in planting events, which will take place every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in parks throughout the city. Residents will help to plant large shade trees as well as native trees and shrubs. Planting activities are also being organized for Surrey schools and community groups.
2021 Releaf tree planting series:
- Saturday, September 25 at Newton Pond
- Saturday, October 2 at Hawthorne Rotary Park
- Saturday, October 9 at Orchard Grove Park
- Saturday, October 16 at Aspen Park
- Saturday, October 23 at Chantrell Creek Park
- Saturday, October 30 at Hazelnut Meadows Community Park
Register through your MySurrey Account. No experience is necessary, and all tools and training are provided. Families are welcome.
Releaf tree planting is a program delivered by Surrey Parks to support the health of Surrey’s urban forest, encouraging an appreciation of the many benefits of trees including beautification, clean air, wildlife habitat, energy savings and opportunities to connect with nature.
For more information visit www.surrey.ca/releaf.