FOR the first time, the majority of the World Sikh Organization of Canada’s Board of Directors and two-thirds of the Executive will be constituted by Sikh women.
The WSO held a virtual biennial convention on Saturday, December 4. Given the current COVID pandemic, the event was held online for the first time. Representatives from across Canada attended the convention to reflect on the successes and opportunities over the past two years and to select the Board of Directors for the next two-year term.
At the conclusion of the convention, the 31-member board of directors of the organization was unanimously selected.
The WSO Executive team for the term 2022-2023 will be:
President: Tejinder Singh Sidhu, Calgary, Alberta
Senior Vice President: Sharanjeet Kaur, Brampton, Ontario
Director of Finance: Danish Singh Brar, Surrey, B.C.
Director of Administration: Kirpa Kaur Grewal, Brampton, Ontario
B.C. Vice President: Guntaas Kaur Cheema, Richmond, B.C.
Alberta Vice President: Harman Singh Kandola, Edmonton, Alberta
Central Vice President: Shaizinder Kaur Dhaliwal, Regina, Saskatchewan
Ontario Vice President: Dr. Jaspreet Kaur Bal, Toronto, Ontario
Quebec and Atlantic Vice President: Harginder Kaur, Montreal, Quebec
Tejinder Singh Sidhu said: “I thank the Sangat and the WSO team for their support in my first term as President and for having entrusted me with a second term.
“The WSO is making a tangible impact in the lives of Sikhs in Canada and we are honoured to serve as the voice of Sikhs in Canada.
“We are excited that for the first time ever, in our 37-year history, the majority of the WSO’s Board of Directors and Executive will be constituted by Sikh women from across Canada.
“I am proud of the strong team of professionals who have chosen to serve on the Board. With issues facing us such as Bill 21 in Quebec, the resettlement of Afghan Sikh and Hindu refugees to Canada and Indian interference in the Canadian Sikh community, the WSO is ready to address the challenges that lie ahead. With the support of the community, we will continue to fearlessly advocate on behalf of Sikhs in Canada.”
2022 – 2023 Board Of Directors:
- Amrit Kaur, Quebec
- Arjin Singh Toor, British Columbia
- Arshpreet Singh, Ontario
- Bhavjinder Kaur Dhillon, British Columbia
- Bikremjeet Singh Dhindsa, British Columbia
- Daman Kaur Grewal, Alberta
- Guntas Kaur, Ontario
- Gurpartap Singh Toor, Ontario
- Gurpreet Kaur Rai, British Columbia
- Harjeet Singh Grewal, Alberta
- Harjit Singh Bhander, British Columbia
- Jaskaran Singh Sandhu, Ontario
- Jaspreet Singh, Ontario
- Jaspreet Singh Minhas, British Columbia
- Kanwarpal Singh Josan, Quebec
- Khushwant Kaur Sidhu, British Columbia
- Mahekleen Kaur Gill, Manitoba
- Mandeep Kaur Dablehar, Quebec
- Manpreet Multani, British Columbia
- Mukhbir Singh, Ontario
- Siraz Kaur Chatha, Ontario
- Sonia Kaur Aujla-Bhullar, Alberta