MEMBERS of the South Asian community were recognized at Richmond Hospital Foundation’s Donor Celebration and Thank You event on Thursday, May 7 for their outstanding contributions to Richmond’s health care.
Paramjit and Gurdip Sandhu of AMPRI Group were presented the PhD of Inspiration Award, which recognizes donors who have given more than $250,000 during their lifetime.
An honorary title of “Doctor of Philanthropy” was also awarded to donors who have given more than $50,000 during their lifetime and comes complete with a lab coat and stethoscope. The 2015 Doctor of Philanthropy Awards were presented to:
* Pritam Singh and Mohinder Kaur Basi
* John and Helen Nicolaou (Ace Architectural Millwork)
* Brooke Radiology Associates
* Donald and Sandra Clark
* Dorset Realty Group Canada Ltd.
* Diane Dupuis (The Dupuis Langen Group)
* Mel and Barbara Goodwin
* Eric and Kamal Gaunder (Hayden Diamond Bit Industries Ltd.)
* MEG Consulting Ltd.
* Shoppers Drug Mart – Richmond Locations
* UA Piping Industry College of BC (UA Local 170)
* Upright Décor Rentals and Event Design