Registration is now open for interested candidates to sign up for the Surrey RCMP Auxiliary Constable Program’s mandatory information sessions being held next month.
Auxiliary Constables are uniformed volunteers under the command of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. They participate in community policing activities in support of public safety and crime prevention. Auxiliary Constables assist police with community-based policing and crime prevention programs in a volunteer capacity, and may also assist police officers in the field under certain circumstances.
“Auxiliary Constables are an essential part of our policing model and truly representative of the community we serve,” says Surrey RCMP Cpl. Bert Paquet. “Their commitment and dedication to the success of our operations is immeasurable. We often refer to them as our ultimate volunteers.”
Applicants to the Auxiliary Constable Program must meet the following requirements:
* Age 19 years or older
* Canadian citizen (preference given to those who live or work in Surrey)
* Proficient in English language
* Minimum education high school diploma or equivalent
* Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license
* Physically fit with a certificate of medical suitability
* Able to attain and maintain RCMP reliability status
* Able to commit to a minimum of two years after training
For more information, visit the Surrey RCMP Auxiliary Constable page. Register for a session by emailing [email protected].