B.C. is reporting 424 new cases of COVID-19, including one epi-linked case, for a total of 216,758 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, three new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,316.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: two
* Interior Health: one
As of Thursday, 91% (4,218,099) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.5% (4,056,728) had received their second dose.
In addition, 91.4% (3,953,383) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 88.1% (3,808,967) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,609,643 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
From November 17-23, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 58.9% of cases and from November 10- 23 they accounted for 68.5% of hospitalizations.
There are currently 3,061 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 211,202 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 295 individuals are in hospital and 112 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 140 new cases in Fraser Health
– Total active cases: 1,092
* 62 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
– Total active cases: 512
* 93 new cases in Interior Health
– Total active cases: 608
* 66 new cases in Northern Health
– Total active cases: 414
* 63 new cases in Island Health
– Total active cases: 429
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
– Total active cases: six
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health) and St. Paul’s Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health). The outbreaks at Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 10 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Queens Park Care Centre, Tabor Home, Maplewood House, George Derby Centre, and Dufferin Care Centre (Fraser Health); and
– Peace Villa (Northern Health)
* acute care:
– Abbotsford Regional Hospital, and Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health); and
– St. Paul’s Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Laurier Manor (Northern Health)
The outbreaks at Mar Jok Elementary and M.V. Beattie Elementary School (Interior Health) have been declared over.