SHAKTI Society has announced that the 22nd Annual Shakti Awards Gala will be held on Saturday, March 25. It says it is expecting nominations of outstanding women who have excelled in their fields and demonstrated the spirit of ‘shakti’. The gala will be a celebration of women with approximately 500 guests.
Shakti Society is inviting nominations in the categories listed below, no later than March 11. Nominations can be emailed to email@example.com.
* Academic Achievement Award (High School / University/College student, educator)
* Public Service/Volunteer Award
* Business Entrepreneur Award
* Artistic Achievement Award
* Sports and Recreational Award
* Resilience Award – A woman who has overcome adversity and has used her personal journey in a way to inspire and motivate others to be positive despite challenges and setbacks. Her achievements may reflect one of the above categories or she can simply be a woman who takes care of her children, parents or herself.
• Address, phone number(s) and email
• Name, phone number and email of nominator
• Brief summary of reason for nomination – how the nominee’s accomplishments relate to the stated category, the impact of their role, and why they should be chosen to receive a specific award.
• Identify how the nominee will contribute to Shakti: Empowerment of Women, Children and Families Society
The Shakti Awards Dinner Gala will be held on Saturday, March 25 at Bollywood Banquet Hall at 6:30 p.m. Funds raised will go towards programs like Wellness Days, Healing Circles for Women, Community Cafes and scholarships.
Tickets: $65 early bird, until March 15. Table of 8 – $500
Regular price: $75 each.
For sponsorship, donations, vendor booths and ticket enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-307-8796.