B.C. is reporting 3,144 new cases of COVID-19, including six epi-linked cases, for a total of 276,875 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, nine new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,439.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: five
* Vancouver Coastal Health: two
* Island Health: two
As of Friday, 88.5% (4,410,494) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.1% (4,142,030) had received their second dose.
In addition, 92.1% (4,269,410) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.4% (4,141,729) have received their second dose and 23.5% (1,089,023) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.5% (3,999,841) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.8% (3,885,236) have received their second dose and 25.2% (1,088,028) have received a third dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 9,604,331 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
From December 30 to January 5, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 17.1% of cases, and from December 23 to January 5, they accounted for 39.3% of hospitalizations.
There are 33,184 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 240,198 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 349 individuals are in hospital and 93 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 1,416 new cases in Fraser Health
– Total active cases: 15,704
* 483 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
– Total active cases: 9,449
* 526 new cases in Interior Health
– Total active cases: 3,183
* 244 new cases in Northern Health
– Total active cases: 935
* 475 new cases in Island Health
– Total active cases: 3,906
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
– Total active cases: seven
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Surrey Memorial Hospital and Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Lodge (Fraser Health).
There is a total of 38 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– The Oxford Senior Care Home, Fort Langley Seniors Community, AgeCare Harmony Court, New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, Chartwell Crescent Gardens, Guildford Seniors Village, The Residence in Mission, Czorny Alzheimer Centre, Hawthorne Lodge, George Derby Centre, White Rock Seniors Village, CareLife Fleetwood, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Kinsmen Lodge, Kiwanis Care Centre, and Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Lodge (Fraser Health);
– Kopernik Lodge, Fraserview Retirement Community, Lakeview Care Centre, and St. Vincent’s Langara (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Ridgeview Lodge, and Mount Cartier Court (Interior Health); and
– Amica Douglas House, Aberdeen Hospital, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Selkirk Seniors Village and Clover Point Care (Island Health)
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital, Surrey Memorial Hospital, Eagle Ridge Hospital, and Royal Columbian Hospital (Fraser Health); and
– Victoria General Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– The Waverly Seniors Village (Fraser Health)