B.C. on Tuesday reported 33 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 148,187 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, and total number of deaths since last Thursday remains at 1,760.
As of Tuesday, July 13, 79.1% (3,668,403) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 46.0% (2,130,031) had received their second dose.
In addition, 80.2% (3,470,198) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 49.1% (2,125,179) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the province has administered 5,805,541 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are currently 639 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 145,775 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 66 individuals are currently in hospital and 14 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 10 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 172
* five new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 254
* 13 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 155
* one new case in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 27
* three new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 23
* one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
* Total active cases: eight
Currently, there are three active outbreaks in:
* acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital, Eagle Ridge Hospital (Fraser Health), and Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health)
* long-term care: none
* assisted or independent living: none