OVER a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 946 new cases of COVID-19, including 15 new epi-linked cases, for a total of 220,530 cases in the province:
* December 3-4: 351 new cases
* December 4-5: 311 new cases
* December 5-6: 284 new cases
In the past 72 hours, 11 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,362.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: five
* Interior Health: two
* Northern Health: four
As of Monday, 85.5% (4,261,317) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.0% (4,085,935) had received their second dose.
In addition, 91.3% (4,232,872) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 88.1% (4,085,907) have received their second dose and 11% (492,236) have received a third dose.
Also, 91.7% (3,966,651) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 88.7% (3,834,996) have received their second dose and 11% (491,553) have received a third dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,811,162 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
From November 26 to December 2, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 58.3% of cases and from November 19 to December 2, they accounted for 66.1% of hospitalizations.
There are currently 2,876 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 215,190 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 241 individuals are currently in hospital and 89 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 285 new cases in Fraser Health
– Total active cases: 927
* 138 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
– Total active cases: 424
* 211 new cases in Interior Health
– Total active cases: 559
* 115 new cases in Northern Health
– Total active cases: 342
* 197 new cases in Island Health
– Total active cases: 624
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
– Total active cases: zero
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks.
There is a total of five facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– George Derby Centre (Fraser Health); and
– Ponderosa Lodge (Interior Health)
* acute care:
– Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health); and
– St. Paul’s Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Laurier Manor (Northern Health)