B.C. on Tuesday reported 46 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 147,797 cases in the province.
In the last 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, and the total number of deaths in the province remains at 1,759.
As of Tuesday, 78.1% (3,618,865) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 37% (1,714,394) had received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 5,340,256 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are currently 602 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 145,420 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 87 individuals are currently in hospital and 22 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 15 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 179
* 13 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 220
* 13 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 154
* two new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 29
* three new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 12
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: eight
Currently, there are four active outbreaks in:
* long-term care: Rotary Manor Dawson Creek (Northern Health)
* acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital, Eagle Ridge Hospital (Fraser Health) and Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health)
* assisted or independent living: none