OVER a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,438 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 209,703 cases in the province:
* November 5-6: 553 new cases
* November 6-7: 462 new cases
* November 7-8: 423 new cases
In the past 72 hours, 17 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,218.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: five
* Vancouver Coastal Health: two
* Interior Health: one
* Northern Health: six
* Island Health: three
As of Monday, 90.3% (4,184,112) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86% (3,986,497) had received their second dose.
In addition, 90.7% (3,922,224) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 86.6% (3,744,474) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,346,993 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
From October 29 to November 4, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 65.5% of cases.
From October 22 to November 4, they accounted for 70.7% of hospitalizations.
There are 4,282 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 202,898 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 407 individuals are in hospital and 121 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 575 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,832
* 155 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 485
* 321 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 683
* 166 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 608
* 221 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 615
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 59
There have been three new health-care facility outbreaks: at Burnaby Hospital, Maplewood House and Revera Parkwood Manor (Fraser Health).
The outbreaks at Chilliwack General Hospital, Rideau Retirement Residence, Norman Manor, and Menno Terrace West (Fraser Health), and Overlander, Haven Hill Retirement Centre and Deni House (Interior Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 33 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Cherington Place, Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens, and Maplewood House (Fraser Health);
– Amica Lions Gate, and Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Cottonwoods Care Centre, Village by the Station, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, and Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
– Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
– Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, and Burnaby Hospital (Fraser Health);
– Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
– University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, and Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
* Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Tabor Manor, The Cedars, Hallmark on the Lake, Hallmark on the Park, Bethshan Gardens and Revera Parkwood Manor (Fraser Health).
There has been one new outbreak at Millar College of the Bible (Interior Health).