OVER a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,986 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 189,680 cases in the province:
* October 1-2: 617 new cases
* October 2-3: 707 new cases
* October 3-4: 662 new cases
(Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.)
In the last 72 hours, 10 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,983.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: five
* Vancouver Coastal Health: two
* Interior Health: one
* Northern Health: two
As of Monday, 88.2% (4,089,226) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.6% (3,782,008) had received their second dose.
In addition, 88.7% (3,837,024) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 82.3% (3,561,693) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,884,070 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 5,986 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 181,304 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 326 individuals are in hospital and 142 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
(Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.)
The new/active cases include:
* 782 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,333
* 226 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 859
* 414 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,132
* 346 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 965
* 218 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 640
* No new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 57
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks: at Manoah Manor and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health). The outbreaks at Hallmark on the Lake (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre (Vancouver Coastal Health), Kamloops Seniors Village and Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 20 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, The Residence in Mission, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health);
– Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Cottonwoods Care Centre, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, and Village by the Station (Interior Health);
– Wrinch Memorial Hospital, Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health); and
– Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health).
* acute care:
– University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health); and
– Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health).
* assisted or independent living:
– Sunset Manor, and Menno Terrace East (Fraser Health); and
– Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/
From September 24-30, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 71.5% of cases and from September 17-30, they accounted for 81.4% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (September 24-30) – Total 5,106
* Not vaccinated: 3,303 (64.7%)
* Partially vaccinated: 346 (6.8%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,457 (28.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (September 17-30) – Total 383
* Not vaccinated: 272 (71.0%)
* Partially vaccinated: 40 (10.4%)
* Fully vaccinated: 71 (18.5%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (September 24-30)
* Not vaccinated: 295.7
* Partially vaccinated: 98.5
* Fully vaccinated: 35.8
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (September 17-30)
* Not vaccinated: 40.5
* Partially vaccinated: 17.0
* Fully vaccinated: 1.6