B.C. is reporting 661 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 176,480 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, seven new deaths have been reported. The total number of deaths in B.C. now stands at 1,873.
The new deaths include:
* Vancouver Coastal Health: two
* Interior Health: three
* Island Health: two
As of Wednesday, 86.1% (3,991,888) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 78.6% (3,644,716) had received their second dose.
In addition, 86.7% (3,749,484) of all eligible adults in B.C. have now received their first dose and 79.5% (3,439,273) their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,643,973 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are currently 5,791 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 168,459 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 288 individuals are in hospital and 137 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
* 237 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,744
* 99 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 1,037
* 196 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,536
* 62 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 849
* 66 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 615
* one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 10
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks.
There are 24 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Northcrest Care Centre, Menno Home, and Westminster House (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital, and Opal by Element (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, and Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health), Sunset Lodge (Island Health) and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health)
* acute care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health), Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health) and Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health)
* assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge, and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
From September 7-13, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 76.5% of cases and from August 31-September 13, they accounted for 87.3% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (September 7-13) – Total 4,935
* Not vaccinated: 3,375 (68.4%)
* Partially vaccinated: 400 (8.1%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,160 (23.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (August 31-September 13) – Total 387
* Not vaccinated: 316 (81.7%)
* Partially vaccinated: 22 (5.7%)
* Fully vaccinated: 49 (12.7%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (September 7-13)
* Not vaccinated: 321.9
* Partially vaccinated: 100.3
* Fully vaccinated: 29.6
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (August 31-September 13)
* Not vaccinated: 43.5
* Partially vaccinated: 8.8
* Fully vaccinated: 1.1
After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 37.9 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.