B.C. is reporting 714 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 187,694 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, 11 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,973.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: four
* Interior Health: six
* Vancouver Coastal Health: one
As of Friday, October 1, 88% (4,079,918) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.1% (3,761,048) had received their second dose.
In addition, 88.5% (3,828,773) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 81.9% (3,543,318) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,852,885 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 6,317 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 178,980 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 328 individuals are in hospital and 138 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
* 274 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,353
* 73 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 889
* 205 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,360
* 106 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 1,043
* 56 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 614
* No new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 58
There are 22 active health facility outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, The Residence in Mission, and Magnolia Gardens (Fraser Health);
* Arbutus Care Centre, and Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health);
* Cottonwoods Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, and Village by the Station (Interior Health);
* Wrinch Memorial Hospital, and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health); and
* Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health).
* acute care:
* University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health); and
* Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health).
* assisted or independent living:
* Sunset Manor, Menno Terrace East, and Hallmark on the Lake (Fraser Health);
* Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health); and
* Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
When available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: