B.C. on Tuesday reported 76 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 148,563 cases in the province.
In the last 24 hours, no new deaths were reported, and the total number of deaths in the province remains at 1,763.
As of Tuesday, 20, 2021, 80% (3,706,660) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 54.4% (2,519,686) had received their second dose.
In addition, 81.0% (3,503,156) of all eligible adults in B.C. had received their first dose and 57.8% (2,498,763) had received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the province has administered 6,233,656 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are currently 692 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 146,099 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 50 individuals are currently in hospital and 12 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 27 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 182
* nine new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 241
* 37 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 207
* no new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 32
* three new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 22
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: eight
Currently, there are two active outbreaks in:
* acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health)
* long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Health)
There are no active outbreaks in assisted or independent living.