B.C. is reporting 768 new cases of COVID-19, including 19 epi-linked cases, for a total of 177,954 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, 11 new deaths have been reported, and the total number of deaths in B.C. now stand at 1,888.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: two
* Vancouver Coastal Health: four
* Interior Health: five
As of Friday, 86.5% (4,008,076) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 78.9% (3,659,495) had received their second dose.
In addition, 87.0% (3,764,087) of all eligible adults in B.C. have now received their first dose and 79.8% (3,452,697) their second dose.
There are currently 6,031 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 169,653 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 298 individuals are in hospital and 135 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
* 239 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,846
* 83 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 1,043
* 183 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,499
* 161 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 933
* 102 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 700
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 10
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreaks at Menno Home (Fraser Health), Opal by Element (Vancouver Coastal Health) and Sunset Lodge (Island Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 20 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Northcrest Care Centre, Westminster House, and Menno Terrace East (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, and Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, and Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health) and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health)
* acute care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health), Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health) and Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health)
* assisted or independent living: David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village and Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health)
After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 35.1 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.