TRANSLINK is boosting bus service, hosting an interactive transit exhibit, and offering discounted admissions on Fridays to support the 113th annual PNE Fair, which runs from August 19 to September 4.
TransLink is making it easier to take transit by adding an express bus to and from the PNE, in addition to regular bus service.
As part of Ride & Shine Campaign, TransLink is partnering with the PNE to offer two-for-one fair admission for the first 5,000 customers who show their Compass products at the entrance gate on Fridays.
PNE express bus service
- Customers will have direct PNE access via the 16 PNE Special
- This bus runs between 29th Avenue Station, Renfrew Station, and the PNE
- The service will run every 15 minutes in each direction every day the fair is open
- The first bus will depart 29th Avenue Station starting at 9:34 a.m. each morning
- The last bus will leave the PNE at 12:07 a.m. each night from outside the Pacific Coliseum at bus stop 58030
- On Fridays August 25 and September 1, customers can show their Compass Cards at the gate to get 2-for-1 admission to the fair
- This is only available for the first 5,000 customers
PNE Sweepstakes Exhibit
This year, TransLink’s exhibit will be spread out at three different locations by the PNE entrances, and includes:
- TransLink’s Sweepstakes Bus to easily register for the ‘Tap in to Win’ sweepstakes
- The TransLink Pride Bus, featuring art from local artist Joe Average
- A historic bus preserved by the Transit Museum Society
- TransLink’s Ride & Shine Engagement Bus
- A Car Free Pledge Wall with a chance to win daily concert tickets
Plan your route with TrasnLink Trip Planner, sign up for Transit Alerts, follow TransLink on Twitter (@TransLink), or call Customer Service at 604-953-3333.