B.C. is reporting 1,975 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 301,121 cases in the province.
(The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.)
In the past 24 hours, two new deaths (Fraser Health) have been reported, for an overall total of 2,492.
As of Tuesday, 89.3% (4,448,921) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.4% (4,157,150) had received their second dose.
In addition, 92.4% (4,282,675) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.7% (4,156,635) have received their second dose and 34.3% (1,591,505) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.8% (4,011,947) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.1% (3,898,949) have received their second dose and 36.8% (1,590,246) have received a third dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,158,329 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
From January 10-16, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 24.9% of cases, and from January 3-16, they accounted for 32.3% of hospitalizations.
There are 37,167 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 258,417 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 854 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 112 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 731 new cases in Fraser Health
– Total active cases: 18,271
* 503 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
– Total active cases: 9,727
* 478 new cases in Interior Health
– Total active cases: 5,580
* 88 new cases in Northern Health
– Total active cases: 1,374
* 175 new cases in Island Health
– Total active cases: 2,200
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
– Total active cases: 15
There have been nine new health-care facility outbreaks: CareLife Fleetwood, Menno Hospital, Buchanan Lodge, St. Michael’s Centre, and Eden Care Centre (Fraser Health); Village at Smith Creek (Interior Health); and Veterans Memorial Lodge, Sunset Lodge and Sidney Care Home (Island Health).
The outbreaks at Eagle Ridge Hospital, The Oxford Senior Care Home, Chartwell Crescent Gardens, and AgeCare Harmony Court (Fraser Health); and Selkirk Seniors Village and Selkirk Village Assisted Living (Island Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 53 facilities with ongoing outbreaks:
* long-term care:
– New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, George Derby Centre, CareLife Fleetwood, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Kinsmen Lodge, Kiwanis Care Centre, Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Lodge, Morgan Place, Maple Ridge Seniors Village, Amica White Rock, Mayfair Senior Living + Care, MSA Manor, Menno Hospital, Buchanan Lodge, St. Michael’s Centre, and Eden Care Centre (Fraser Health);
– Kopernik Lodge, and St. Vincent’s Langara (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Mount Cartier Court, Sun Pointe Village, Lakeview Lodge, Hamlets in Vernon, Brocklehurst Gemstone, Heritage Square, and Village at Smith Creek (Interior Health); and
– Amica Douglas House, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Clover Point Care, Saanich Peninsula Hospital – long-term care, Oyster Harbour, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, The Heights at Mt. View, Luther Court, Veterans Memorial Lodge, Sunset Lodge and Sidney Care Home (Island Health)
* acute care:
– Surrey Memorial Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital, and CareLife Fleetwood (Fraser Health);
– Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health); and
– Royal Jubilee Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living: