B.C. is reporting 2,033 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 318,906 cases in the province.
(The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.)
In the past 24 hours, 13 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,588.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: seven
* Vancouver Coastal Health: four
* Interior Health: one
* Island Health: one
As of Thursday, 89.7% (4,471,873) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.7% (4,171,956) had received their second dose.
In addition, 92.6% (4,294,225) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.0% (4,169,419) have received their second dose and 43.0% (1,993,191) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.0% (4,022,496) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.4% (3,910,652) have received their second dose and 46.0% (1,991,534) have received a third dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,596,211 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 29,556 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 284,832 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 977 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 141 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 685 new cases in Fraser Health
– Total active cases: 12,351
* 378 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
– Total active cases: 6,614
* 539 new cases in Interior Health
– Total active cases: 7,669
* 165 new cases in Northern Health
– Total active cases: 1,147
* 266 new cases in Island Health
– Total active cases: 1,768
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
– Total active cases: seven
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Nanaimo Regional General Hospital and Nanaimo Seniors Village (Island Health).
The outbreak at Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health) has been declared over.
There is a total of 62 facilities with ongoing outbreaks:
* long-term care:
– George Derby Centre, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Mayfair Senior Living + Care, Menno Hospital, Buchanan Lodge, St. Michael’s Centre, Eden Care Centre, Lakeshore Care Centre, Baillie House, Bevan Lodge, Cascade Lodge, Mountain View Manor, Queen’s Park Care Centre, and Royal City Manor (Fraser Health);
* Evergreen House, and Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health);
* Sun Pointe Village, Lakeview Lodge, Hamlets in Vernon, Heritage Square, Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place, Pinegrove Care Centre, Mariposa Gardens, Joseph Creek Care Village, Hamlets at Penticton, and Mount Ida Mews (Interior Health);
– Amica Douglas House, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Saanich Peninsula Hospital – long-term care, Oyster Harbour, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Veterans Memorial Lodge, Sunset Lodge, Eagle Ridge Manor, Sunrise of Victoria, Comox Valley Seniors Village, Fir Park Village, The Summit, Parkwood Court, Echo Village, Mount St. Mary Hospital, Arrowsmith Lodge and Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health)
* acute care:
– Surrey Memorial Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital, CareLife Fleetwood, and Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
– Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria General Hospital and Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Crestview Village (Interior Health); and
– Nanaimo Seniors Village (Island Health)
(Due to a delayed refresh in data, the update on cases and hospitalizations by vaccination status is unavailable.)