B.C. is reporting 2,150 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 305,715 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, 15 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,520.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: five
* Vancouver Coastal Health: four
* Interior Health: two
* Island Health: four
As of Thursday, 89.4% (4,455,046) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.5% (4,161,148) had received their second dose.
In addition, 92.5% (4,286,419) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.8% (4,160,597) have received their second dose and 36.7% (1,700,206) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.8% (4,015,411) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.2% (3,902,659) have received their second dose and 39.3% (1,698,882) have received a third dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,276,540 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
From January 12-18, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 27% of cases, and from January 5-18, they accounted for 31.0% of hospitalizations.
There are 34,835 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 265,765 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 891 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 119 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 576 new cases in Fraser Health
– Total active cases: 16,516
* 454 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
– Total active cases: 8,553
* 563 new cases in Interior Health
– Total active cases: 6,067
* 203 new cases in Northern Health
– Total active cases: 1,582
* 354 new cases in Island Health
– Total active cases: 2,104
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
– Total active cases: 13
There have been eight new health-care facility outbreaks at Queen’s Park Care Centre, Lakeshore Care Centre, Baillie House, and Bevan Lodge (Fraser Health); Westview Place (Interior Health); and Fir Park Village, The Summit and Parkwood Court (Island Health).
The outbreaks at Kinsmen Lodge, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, Amica White Rock, Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Lodge, Maple Ridge Seniors Village and Kiwanis Care Centre (Fraser Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 58 facilities with ongoing outbreaks:
* long-term care:
– New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, George Derby Centre, CareLife Fleetwood, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Morgan Place, Mayfair Senior Living + Care, MSA Manor, Menno Hospital, Buchanan Lodge, St. Michael’s Centre, Eden Care Centre, Lakeshore Care Centre, Baillie House, and Bevan Lodge (Fraser Health);
* Kopernik Lodge, and St. Vincent’s Langara (Vancouver Coastal Health);
* Sun Pointe Village, Lakeview Lodge, Hamlets in Vernon, Brocklehurst Gemstone, Heritage Square, Village at Smith Creek, and Westview Place (Interior Health);
* Amica Douglas House, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Saanich Peninsula Hospital – long-term care, Oyster Harbour, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, The Heights at Mt. View, Luther Court, Veterans Memorial Lodge, Sunset Lodge, Sidney Care Home, Eagle Ridge Manor, Sidney All Care, Sunrise of Victoria, Comox Valley Seniors Village, Fir Park Village, The Summit and Parkwood Court (Island Health)
* acute care:
– Surrey Memorial Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital, CareLife Fleetwood, and Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
– Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health); and
– Royal Jubilee Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health)