OVER a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 4,997 new cases of COVID-19, including three epi-linked cases, for a total of 313,076 cases in the province:
* January 21-22: 2,163 new cases
* January 22-23: 1,489 new cases
* January 23-24: 1,345 new cases
In the past 72 hours, 24 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,553.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: 18
* Vancouver Coastal Health: three
* Interior Health: one
* Northern Health: two
As of Monday, 89.6% (4,465,993) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.6% (4,166,318) had received their second dose.
In addition, 92.6% (4,290,753) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.9% (4,165,636) have received their second dose and 40.4% (1,874,956) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.9% (4,019,324) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.3% (3,907,214) have received their second dose and 43.3% (1,873,448) have received a third dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,466,993 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
From January 14-20, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 28.5% of cases and from January 7-20, they accounted for 30.6% of hospitalizations.
There are 31,822 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 276,529 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 987 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 129 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 1,702 new cases in Fraser Health
– Total active cases: 14,431
* 862 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
– Total active cases: 7,256
* 1,251 new cases in Interior Health
– Total active cases: 7,021
* 555 new cases in Northern Health
– Total active cases: 1,566
* 626 new cases in Island Health
– Total active cases: 1,544
* one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
– Total active cases: four
There have been six new health-care facility outbreaks at Evergreen House, and Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews, and Crestview Village (Interior Health), and Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
The outbreaks at CareLife Fleetwood, and Morgan Place (Fraser Health), St. Vincent’s Langara (Vancouver Coastal Health) and The Heights at Mt. View (Island Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 64 facilities with ongoing outbreaks:
* long-term care:
– New Vista Care Centre, George Derby Centre, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Mayfair Senior Living + Care, MSA Manor, Menno Hospital, Buchanan Lodge, St. Michael’s Centre, Eden Care Centre, Lakeshore Care Centre, Baillie House, and Bevan Lodge (Fraser Health);
– Kopernik Lodge, Evergreen House, and Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Sun Pointe Village, Lakeview Lodge, Hamlets in Vernon, Brocklehurst Gemstone, Heritage Square, Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place, Pinegrove Care Centre, Mariposa Gardens, Joseph Creek Care Village, Hamlets at Penticton, and Mount Ida Mews (Interior Health);
– Amica Douglas House, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Saanich Peninsula Hospital – Long Term Care, Oyster Harbour, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Luther Court, Veterans Memorial Lodge, Sunset Lodge, Sidney Care Home, Eagle Ridge Manor, Sidney All Care, Sunrise of Victoria, Comox Valley Seniors Village, Fir Park Village, The Summit, Parkwood Court, Echo Village, Mount St. Mary Hospital, Arrowsmith Lodge and Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health)
* acute care:
– Surrey Memorial Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital, CareLife Fleetwood, and Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
– Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health); and
– Royal Jubilee Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Crestview Village (Interior Health)