OVER a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,434 new cases of COVID-19, including four epi-linked cases, for a total of 156,513 cases in the province:
* August 13-14: 532 new cases
* August 14-15: 441 new cases
* August 15-16: 461 new cases
In the past 72 hours, one new death (Fraser Health) has been reported. The total number of deaths in B.C. now stands at 1,780.
As of Monday, 82.6% (3,830,337) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 73.2% (3,393,049) had received their second dose.
In addition, 83.5% (3,609,557) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 74.6% (3,227,388) received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,230,961 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 5,090 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 149,553 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 104 individuals are in hospital and 47 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 316 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 882
* 198 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 715
* 734 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 2,982
* 74 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 197
* 112 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 307
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: seven
There are 10 active outbreaks:
* long-term care: Kin Village West Court, and Evergreen Baptist Care Society (Fraser Health), Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, and Brookhaven Care Centre (Interior Health), and Discovery Harbour (Island Health)
* acute care: none
* assisted or independent living: Village at Mill Creek – second floor (Interior Health), Hawthorn Park and David Lloyd (Interior Health)
There have been no new outbreaks since Friday. The outbreak at Holyrood Manor has been declared over. The Village at Mill Creek outbreak was inaccurately reported Friday as a long-term care outbreak – it is an assisted-living facility.