B.C. is reporting 580 new cases of COVID-19, including 11 epi-linked cases, for a total of 195,766 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, nine new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,042.
The new deaths include:
* Vancouver Coastal Health: one
* Interior Health: five
* Northern Health: one
* Island Health: two
As of Thursday, 89% (4,123,354) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.9% (3,842,247) had received their second dose.
In addition, 89.4% (3,867,728) of all eligible adults in B.C. have now received their first dose and 83.6% (3,615,342) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,008,858 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 5,348 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 187,985 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 378 individuals are in hospital and 153 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
(Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.)
The new/active cases include:
* 246 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,449
* 53 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 708
* 104 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 831
* 129 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 677
* 48 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 625
* No new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 58
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks, for a total of 19 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, Cherington Place, and West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health);
– Cottonwoods Care Centre, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station, and Haven Hill Retirement Centre (Interior Health); and
– Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health);
– University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health); and
– Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).
* assisted or independent living:
– Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor (Fraser Health); and
– Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).