OVER a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,692 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 179,646 cases in the province:
* September 17-18: 644 new cases
* September 18-19: 613 new cases
* September 19-20: 435 new cases
(Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.)
In the past 72 hours, 11 new deaths have been reported, and the total number of deaths in B.C. now stands at 1,899.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: six
* Vancouver Coastal Health: two
* Northern Health: three
As of Monday, 86.8% (4,024,302) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 79.4% (3,679,181) had received their second dose.
In addition, 87.4% (3,778,735) of all eligible adults in B.C. have now received their first dose and 80.2% (3,470,043) their second dose.
After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 32.2 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,711,306 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 5,608 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 171,769 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 307 individuals are in hospital and 156 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
(Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.)
The new/active cases include:
* 533 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,732
* 239 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 988
* 371 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,183
* 345 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 1,037
* 204 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 661
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: seven
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Overlander (Interior Health).
There is a total of 21 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Northcrest Care Centre, Westminster House, and Menno Terrace East (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, and Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, and Overlander (Interior Health) and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health)
* acute care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health), Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health) and Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health)
* assisted or independent living: David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village and Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health)