OVER a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 2,239 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 184,780 cases in the province:
* September 24-25: 876 new cases
* September 25-26: 657 new cases
* September 26-27: 706 new cases
(Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.)
In the past 72 hours, 18 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,940.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: three
* Interior Health: five
* Island Health: three
* Vancouver Coastal Health: six
* Northern Health: one
As of Monday, 87.7% (4,064,859) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 80.5% (3,729,606) had received their second dose.
In addition, 88.2% (3,815,333) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 81.3% (3,515,026) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,802,535 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 6,098 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 176,354 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 303 individuals are in hospital and 141 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
* 857 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,218
* 256 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 843
* 525 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,159
* 358 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 1,165
* 230 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 657
* 13 new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 56
There have been five new health-care facility outbreaks at The Residence in Mission, Hallmark on the Lake, Maple Ridge Christian School, and Magnolia Gardens (Fraser Health) and Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
Five outbreaks have been declared over at Chilliwack General Hospital, and Northcrest Care Centre (Fraser Health), Spring Valley Care Centre, David Lloyd Jones Home, and Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health).
There are a total of 21 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Westminster House, Menno Terrace East, The Residence in Mission, and Magnolia Gardens (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, and Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, and Overlander (Interior Health), Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health) and Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health)
* acute care: Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
* assisted or independent living: Sunset Manor, and Hallmark on the Lake (Fraser Health), Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health), Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* School or daycare: Maple Ridge Christian School (Fraser Health)