CONFIDENCE in the residential construction sector remains strong in Surrey as more than $808 million in housing developments were given approval to proceed by Surrey City Council at Monday night’s Regular Council – Land Use Meeting. Projects of note include several apartment towers ranging from 26 to 49 storeys, three dedicated rental apartment buildings, and a live/work residential townhome project.
“It’s no secret that Surrey has always been a desirable place for young families and first-time homeowners looking to get into the market,” said Surrey Mayor Doug McCallum. “Among the new developments, I am especially pleased with the projects that will expand the rental housing stock in Surrey. These new projects approved by Council will bring even more housing options on stream for people looking to call Surrey home.”
Development projects given approval to proceed include the following:
- 2 high-rise residential towers (45 and 39-storeys) and 11-storey mid-rise rental building (Application number: 7919-0223-00)
- 32-storey residential apartment building (Application number: 7919-0105-00)
- 26-storey market condo and 21-storey rental apartment building (Application number: 7918-0393-00)
- 13-story rental apartment building and 16-storey market apartment building (Application number: 7918-0443-00)
- 7 apartment buildings of up to 6-storeys and 55 townhouse units (Application number: 7915-0393-00)
- Seven, 5 to 6-storey apartment buildings (Application number: 7917-0544-0)
- 6-storey mixed-use building comprised of 30 market and 70 non-market rental units (Application number: 7918-0450-00)
- 39 live/work residential townhomes (Application number: 7914-0207-00)
This latest round of development approvals comes on the heels of nearly $700 million in building projects approved by Council this past July.