UK asks India to return organs of 8-year-old, mother says ‘India killed my daughter’

British councillor Narinder Kaur Kooner has written to the Indian government asking that the organs of eight-year-old Gurkiren Kaur Loyal be returned to her family to carry outa proper cremation of their daughter.

Gurkiren, a resident of Birmingham, died in mysterious circumstances during her first family holiday to Punjab in April.

Later, when her body was returned to the family in the UK after a postmortem, it was found that her internal organs were missing. Subsequently, the Sikh family claim that their daughter was murdered by health workers as part of an organ trade racket.

Gurkiren Kaur Loyal’s family said she was being treated for a simple case of dehydration when staff at a clinic gave her a mystery injectionwhich took her life.

The foreign office has confirmed that Gurkiren from Hockley died in India on April 2.

On Friday, Gurkiren’s mother Amrit Kaur Loyal said: “India killed my daughter. She was perfectly healthy. Despite several inquiries, we have not heard from the doctors in India or the British high commission what that mystery injection was that killed her and why was it given. My daughter was perfectly healthy and perfect.”

“The doctors in India didn’t think that I would carry out a second post-mortem, but we did when we received the body in the UK. The coroner told us that there were no internal organs. Her funeral is incomplete. We want our daughter’s organs back so that we can carry out a proper funeral,” Amrit Kaur said on Thursday.

Councillor Kooner from Hockley said “We are helping the family get justice. What they went through during their trip to India is horrific and has caused outrage in England. Getting Gurkiren’s organs back is the first priority.”

Gurkiren was subjected to a post-mortem examination during which all her major organs were removed in a bid to hide the truth of how she had been killed, the family says.

Gurkiren’s family said the Indian police and medical authorities made little attempt to investigate the death. Only her eyes remained, they said.

Recalling the horrific incident, Amrit Kaur who was on a trip to India with her postal worker husband Santokh Singh Loyal and 17-year-old son Simran, claimed Gurkiren’s medical records were disposed of and the family were not asked to pay for the blood tests, drip or the injection she received.

“Gurkiren was fine, she was chatting to us and planned to buy some gifts for her cousins. While we were talking, an assistant came up carrying a pre-filled syringe and reached for the tube in her hand. I asked what was the injection for, but he gave me a blank look and injected the liquid into her.”

“Within a split-second Gurkiren’s head flipped back, her eyes rolled in her head, and the colour completely drained from her. I knew they had killed her on the spot. I knew my innocent child had been murdered.”

Gurkiren, described as a “bright and bubbly pupil” at Nishkam School in Soho Road, Handsworth was on her first foreign holiday visiting her frail grandmother, who later died, over the Easter break.