B.C. is reporting 2,387 new cases of COVID-19, including one epi-linked case, for a total of 303,565 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, 13 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,505.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: six
* Vancouver Coastal Health: four
* Interior Health: one
* Island Health: two
As of Wednesday, 89.3% (4,451,945) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.4% (4,159,043) had received their second dose.
In addition, 92.4% (4,284,575) of eligible people 12 and older have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.7% (4,158,515) have received their second dose, and 35.5% (1,646,143) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.8% (4,013,713) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.2% (3,900,710) received their second dose, and 38% (1,644,855) have received a third dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,217,498 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
From January 11-17, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 25.9% of cases and from January 4-17, they accounted for 31.8% of hospitalizations.
There are currently 35,770 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 262,591 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 895 COVID-positive individuals are currently in hospital and 115 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 814 new cases in Fraser Health
– Total active cases: 17,441
* 487 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
– Total active cases: 8,945
* 550 new cases in Interior Health
– Total active cases: 5,769
* 260 new cases in Northern Health
– Total active cases: 1,504
* 275 new cases in Island Health
– Total active cases: 2,095
* one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
– Total active cases: 16
There have been five new health-care facility outbreaks at Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health), and Eagle Ridge Manor, Sidney All Care, Sunrise of Victoria and Comox Valley Seniors Village (Island Health).
The outbreaks at Mount Cartier Court (Interior Health) and Clover Point Care (Island Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 56 facilities with ongoing outbreaks:
* long-term care:
– New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, George Derby Centre, CareLife Fleetwood, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Kinsmen Lodge, Kiwanis Care Centre, Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Lodge, Morgan Place, Maple Ridge Seniors Village, Amica White Rock, Mayfair Senior Living + Care, MSA Manor, Menno Hospital, Buchanan Lodge, St. Michael’s Centre, and Eden Care Centre (Fraser Health);
– Kopernik Lodge, and St. Vincent’s Langara (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Sun Pointe Village, Lakeview Lodge, Hamlets in Vernon, Brocklehurst Gemstone, Heritage Square, and Village at Smith Creek (Interior Health);
– Amica Douglas House, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Saanich Peninsula Hospital – Long Term Care, Oyster Harbour, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, The Heights at Mt. View, Luther Court, Veterans Memorial Lodge, Sunset Lodge, Sidney Care Home, Eagle Ridge Manor, Sidney All Care, Sunrise of Victoria and Comox Valley Seniors Village (Island Health)
* acute care:
– Surrey Memorial Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital, and CareLife Fleetwood (Fraser Health);
– Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health); and
– Royal Jubilee Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health)