B.C. is reporting 667 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 196,433 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, 13 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,055.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: 11
* Interior Health: two
(Note: The deaths at Willingdon Care Centre are reflected in today’s numbers.)
As of Friday, 89% (4,126,668) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.0% (3,848,689) had received their second dose.
In addition, 89.5% (3,870,725) of all eligible adults in B.C. have now received their first dose and 83.7% (3,621,151) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,025,356 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 5,128 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 188,851 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 367 individuals are in hospital and 152 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
(Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.)
The new/active cases include:
* 246 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,221
* 75 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 724
* 101 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 817
* 184 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 734
* 59 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 572
* two new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 60
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at GR Baker Memorial Hospital (Northern Health). The outbreak at Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health) has been declared over.
There is a total of 19 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, and West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health);
– Cottonwoods Care Centre, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station, and Haven Hill Retirement Centre (Interior Health); and
– Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health);
– University Hospital of Northern BC, and GR Baker Memorial Hospital (Northern Health); and
– Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).
* assisted or independent living:
– Sunset Manor, and Evergreen Manor (Fraser Health); and
– Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).