VANCOUVER Police are warning the public that Jatin Patel, a high-risk sex offender, will be living in Vancouver. Patel poses a significant risk to adolescent females and sex workers in the city.
Patel, 46, is currently serving a seven-year Long Term Supervision Order for a conviction of sexual assault.
Patel is South Asian, five foot two, and has a medium build. He has short, black hair and brown eyes. Patel must comply with the following conditions:
- cannot consume, purchase, or possess alcohol;
- cannot consume, purchase, or possess drugs other than prescribed medication;
- cannot associate with any person believed to be involved in criminal activity or substance misuse;
- must not be in the presence of any female under age 18 unless accompanied by an adult;
- cannot be in, near, or around any park, daycare, school, swimming pool, or recreational centre unless accompanied by an adult;
- must not own, use, or possess any technological device that would allow access to internet;
- must not have contact with, or be in or near locations where sex workers are; and
- must reside at a Community Correctional Centre or a Community Residential Facility, or other residential facility.
Anyone who witnesses Jatin Patel in violation of any of these conditions is asked to call 9-1-1.