1. Horgan was adamant that the U.S. would not pass a bill that allowed cruise ships to bypass BC ports — yet it passed unanimously. (When was the last time the U.S. Congress passed anything unanimously?)
2. The NDP dragged their feet on investing in energy independence for far too long. The remaining investor in the Kitimat LNG project is pulling out — wasting millions of dollars and killing good-paying jobs for the community.
3. The Information Commission is calling out the NDP for their lack of transparency and “secretive treatment” of the new InBC crown corp. — a $500 million fund of taxpayer money being put towards extremely risky business investments.
4. BC’s once-flourishing tourism industry is now floundering thanks to NDP negligence. Thousands of small business operators have been waiting for over a year for help while the NDP pick winners and losers for their modest $50 million fund.
5. BC has lost its “Hollywood North” crown to Ontario this past year and it isn’t all the pandemic’s fault. The NDP failed to protect this vital industry from competing provinces, making post-pandemic recovery that much more difficult.