Tyler Joseph Pastuck of Victoria was shot dead in shooting at Langley’s Browns Socialhouse restaurant (update)

Tyler Joseph Pastuck
Photo: Gofundme page

TYLER Joseph Pastuck, 31 of Victoria was shot dead on Friday (June 9) just before midnight in the area of the Brown’s Socialhouse located at 200th Street and the Langley Bypass.

When police arrived at the scene of the crime, two male victims were located having suffered gunshot wounds. Pastuck was dead and the second male victim was transported to hospital where he remains and is receiving medical treatment.

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team said on Monday that Pastuck and the surviving male victim were known to each other, and this shooting is believed to be targeted.

IHIT said that after the homicide occurred, a burning vehicle was located a short distance away near the intersection of 203rd Street and 63rd Avenue.  At this time, it cannot be confirmed if this vehicle was involved in the homicide.  Anyone with information about this vehicle is asked to contact the police.

On Saturday morning, the following message was posted on the Facebook page of Browns Socialhouse Langley Centre:

“Thank you everyone for your concern over the recent incident in the parking lot near Browns Socialhouse Langley Centre. Luckily no guests or staff were harmed, and all are now safe at home.”

Pastuck’s family in a Gofundme page started on Sunday stated: “On Friday, June 9th -2017, Tyler was in Langley, BC where he was to catch a flight to the Yukon for employment. Upon his arrival at the airport, Tyler was informed that his flight was cancelled until the next morning (Sat. June 10/17)… To pass some time Tyler decided to phone a friend and together they decided to go to a restaurant for a nice meal. Little did anyone know his fate would be so tragic that night. Just before midnight Tyler and his friend decided to exit the restaurant. His friend first went to the washroom where he would be meeting Tyler within a few minutes out in the restaurant parking lot. When Tyler walked outside, he was fatally shot and was pronounced dead at the scene. Tyler just turned 31 in February. His friend too was shot as soon as he came out to meet Tyler. He is presently in hospital in critical condition.”


Vancouver Sun’s Kim Bolan reported that Pastuck was convicted of manslaughter in a fatal beating in Campbell River in 2010. He also had several assault convictions in Vancouver and Campbell River.

Bolan reported that the other victim, Kyle Gianis, was convicted in 2008 of smuggling the chemical used to make methamphetamine into Washington state. According to jail officials, Gianis had been associating in Mountain Institution with members and associates of the UN and Dhak-Duhre gangs.

IHIT said it continues to work with the Langley RCMP, the Integrated Forensic Identification Section, and the BC Coroner’s Service.  Investigators will remain in the area to conduct area canvassing as the initial evidence gathering phase is still underway.

IHIT Cpl. Meghan Foster said: “This act of violence was committed in a brazen fashion, and it was a flagrant disregard for the safety of the public. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact police so that those responsible are held accountable.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact the IHIT Information Line at 1-877-551-IHIT (4448), or by email at ihitinfo@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.  Should you wish to remain anonymous, please contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).