OVER a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 123 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 148,154 cases in the province:
* July 9-10: 46 new cases
* July 10-11: 47 new cases
* July 11-12: 30 new cases
According to the Ministry of Health, in the past 72 hours, no new deaths have been reported, and the number of deaths in the province remains at 1,760.
As of Monday, July 12, 78.8% (3,652,759) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 44.6% (2,068,450) had received their second dose.
In addition, 79.9% (3,455,472) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 47.7% (2,064,190) received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 5,741,691 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are currently 658 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 145,722 people who tested positive have recovered.
(The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.)
Of the active cases, 66 individuals are currently in hospital and 14 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 38 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 175
* 38 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 257
* 42 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 167
* no new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 30
* five new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 22
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: seven
Currently, there are three active outbreaks in:
* acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital, Eagle Ridge Hospital (Fraser Health) and Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health)
* long-term care: none
* assisted or independent living: none