B.C. is reporting 609 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 203,582 cases in the province.
(Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.)
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for a total of 2,137.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: five
* Northern Health: one
As of Wednesday, 89.7% (4,157,816) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.7% (3,925,937) had received their second dose.
In addition, 90.1% (3,898,653) of all eligible adults have received their first dose and 85.3% (3,690,208) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,186,611 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
From October 19-25, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 64.1% of cases, and from October 12-25 they accounted for 74.9% of hospitalizations.
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (October 12-25)
* Not vaccinated: 55.8
* Partially vaccinated: 13.2
* Fully vaccinated: 2.5
There are currently 4,748 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 196,342 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 422 individuals are currently in hospital and 157 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
(Note: As of October 26, Interior Health has changed the primary source of COVID-19 hospitalization surveillance data. This change in data source will lead to a one-time increase in the number of reported COVID-19 hospitalizations. This change is retrospective to the beginning of the pandemic though primarily affects cases reported since August 2021.)
The new/active cases include:
* 257 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,043
* 79 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 676
* 92 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 642
* 126 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 804
* 55 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 524
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 59
There have been five new health-care facility outbreaks at Queen’s Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Tabor Home and Rideau Retirement Residence (Fraser Health). The outbreak at Sunset Manor (Fraser Health) has been declared over.
There is a total of 32 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village, Valleyhaven Retirement Community, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, and Tabor Home (Fraser Health);
– Amica Lions Gate, and Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, and Deni House (Interior Health); and
– Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, and Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
– University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital and Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health).
* assisted or independent living:
– Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community and Rideau Retirement Residence (Fraser Health).