B.C. is reporting 758 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 204,330 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, 10 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,147.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: four
* Interior Health: four
* Northern Health: two
As of Thursday, 89.8% (4,160,780) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.9% (3,933,596) had received their second dose.
In addition, 90.2% (3,901,337) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 85.5% (3,697,157) have received their second dose.
From October 20-26, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 64.7% of cases.
From October 13-26, they accounted for 74.0% of hospitalizations.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,202,550 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 4,961 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 196,858 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 434 individuals are in hospital and 155 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 329 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,153
* 74 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 678
* 108 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 664
* 133 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 821
* 114 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 586
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 59
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Tabor Manor (Fraser Health).
There is a total of 33 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village, Valleyhaven Retirement Community, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, and Tabor Home (Fraser Health);
– Amica Lions Gate, and Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, and Deni House (Interior Health); and
– Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, and Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
– University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital and Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health).
* assisted or independent living:
– Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence and Tabor Manor (Fraser Health).