The Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry’s orders on gatherings and events, and food- and liquor-serving premises, have been extended, including restrictions on gyms and fitness centres. An update will be provided during the Tuesday, January 18 media briefing.
OVER a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 5,625 new cases of COVID-19, including six epi-linked cases, for a total of 299,146 cases in the province:
* January 14-15: 2,383 new cases
* January 15-16: 1,733 new cases
* January 16-17: 1,509 new cases
In the past 72 hours, 22 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,490.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: nine
* Vancouver Coastal Health: six
* Interior Health: four
* Island Health: three
As of Monday, 89.2% (4,447,145) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.4% (4,155,929) had received their second dose.
In addition, 92.4% (4,281,923) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.6% (4,155,444)have received their second dose and 33.3% (1,544,191) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.7% (4,011,270) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.1% (3,897,871) have received their second dose and 35.7% (1,542,958) have received a third dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,108,113 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
From January 7-13, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 22.7% of cases.
From December 31 to January 13, they accounted for 33.7% of hospitalizations.
There are 35,985 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 257,677 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 819 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 99 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 1,884 new cases in Fraser Health
– Total active cases: 17,789
* 1,155 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
– Total active cases: 9,276
* 1,345 new cases in Interior Health
– Total active cases: 5,192
* 556 new cases in Northern Health
– Total active cases: 1,645
* 681 new cases in Island Health
– Total active cases: 2,068
* four new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
– Total active cases: 15
There have been eight new health-care facility outbreaks: Mayfair Senior Living + Care, MSA Manor (Fraser Health), Heritage Square (Interior Health), Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, The Heights at Mt. View, Luther Court and Selkirk Village Assisted Living (Island Health).
The outbreaks at Royal Columbian Hospital, The Waverly Seniors Village, and Glenwood Seniors Community (Fraser Health) and German Canadian Benevolent Society Home (Vancouver Coastal Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 50 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– The Oxford Senior Care Home, AgeCare Harmony Court, New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, Chartwell Crescent Gardens, George Derby Centre, CareLife Fleetwood, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Kinsmen Lodge, Kiwanis Care Centre, Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Lodge, Morgan Place, Maple Ridge Seniors Village, Amica White Rock, Mayfair Senior Living + Care, and MSA Manor (Fraser Health);
– Kopernik Lodge, and St. Vincent’s Langara (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Mount Cartier Court, Sun Pointe Village, Lakeview Lodge, Hamlets in Vernon, Brocklehurst Gemstone, and Heritage Square (Interior Health);
– Amica Douglas House, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Selkirk Seniors Village, Clover Point Care, Saanich Peninsula Hospital – long-term care, Oyster Harbour, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, The Heights at Mt. View and Luther Court (Island Health)
* acute care:
– Surrey Memorial Hospital, Eagle Ridge Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, and Peace Arch Hospital (Fraser Health);
– Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health); and
– Royal Jubilee Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Selkirk Village Assisted Living (Island Health)