SERVICE Canada says it continues to work hard to improve services to Canadians by introducing new measures to improve passport service delivery. For example, over the past year, the 10-day passport service has been extended to 20 Service Canada Centres across the country, the Passport Application Status Checker has given Canadians real-time updates on their applications, and passport services have been expanded to Service Canada’s scheduled outreach sites to help meet the needs of rural and remote communities, where a standalone Service Canada Centre is not established.
It had been announced last month that the Surrey South Service Canada Centre at 103-15295 Highway 10 was now offering 10-day passport service. This is the newest site to offer this service. This location will continue to offer other services, such as Employment Insurance, pensions and Social Insurance Number.
The Surrey South Service Canada Centre will allow Canadians to apply for their passport on-site and have it ready within 10 business days. However, to receive their passport, applicants will need to either have it mailed or pick it up at the Surrey passport office located at Central City Shopping Centre, Unit 110, 10153 King George Boulevard, Surrey.
While regular Service Canada Centres offer 20-day service, specialized passport offices and 20 other Service Canada Centres across the country offer 10-day passport service, where Canadians can apply for a passport and have it processed in 10 business days (not including mailing time). If Canadians need their passport in less than 10 business days, they must visit a passport office that offers express or urgent pick-up service, such as the Surrey passport office in the Central City Shopping Centre.
- In the 2022–23 fiscal year, Service Canada issued 3.35 million passports.
- Since April 1, 2023, the Government of Canada has issued 994,536 passports.
- For the 2023–24 fiscal year, between 4.3 and 4.9 million passports are forecast to be issued.
- The service standard for in-person application and pickup at specialized passport offices and Service Canada Centres offering 10-day passport service is 10 business days. For mail-in applications and applications submitted at regular Service Canada Centres, the service standard is 20 business days. The performance target for application processing is for 90% of complete applications to be processed within these service standards.
- Passport Program statistics are published online, and all data is updated weekly.