B.C. is reporting 3,795 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 254,849 cases in the province.
In the last 24 hours, three new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,423.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: one
* Vancouver Coastal Health: one
* Island Health: one
As of Friday, 88.1% (4,392,141) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.9% (4,133,438) had received their second dose.
In addition, 92% (4,262,385) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.2% (4,133,262) have received their second dose and 19.6% (909,248) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.3% (3,993,382) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.6% (3,877,423) have received their second dose, and 21.0% (908,376) have received a third dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 9,399,015 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
From December 23-29, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 16% of cases and from December 16-29, they accounted for 55% of hospitalizations.
There are currently 20,811 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 231,058 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 220 individuals are currently in hospital and 73 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 1,944 new cases in Fraser Health
– Total active cases: 9,050
* 965 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
– Total active cases: 7,135
* 320 new cases in Interior Health
– Total active cases: 1,792
* 129 new cases in Northern Health
– Total active cases: 494
* 434 new cases in Island Health
– Total active cases: 2,336
* three new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
– Total active cases: four
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Kopernik Lodge (Vancouver Coastal Health) and Amica Douglas House (Island Health), for a total of 15 facilities with ongoing outbreaks:
* long-term care:
– The Oxford Senior Care Home, Fort Langley Seniors Community, AgeCare Harmony Court, New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, Chartwell Crescent Gardens, Guildford Seniors Village (Fraser Health);
– Kopernik Lodge (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Ridgeview Lodge (Interior Health); and
– Amica Douglas House (Island Health)
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health); and
– Lions Gate Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– The Waverly Seniors Village (Fraser Health)
* mental health and substance use:
– UBC Hospital – Detwiller Pavillion (Vancouver Coastal Health)